Bim sherman earth people
I thought Bob Marley was a folk singer when I first heard of him around the time he died. I wasn’t entirely wrong, but it wasn’t until college that I learned from a couple dreads with a radio show that there was more to reggae than Marley. A couple decades later, I’ve absorbed hundreds of albums, visited Jamaica, read a dozen books on it, and participated in reggae discussion forums. Yet I still feel like I don’t know much. Since the early 1960s, there has been an unprecedented proportion of talented active musicians in Jamaica. I wouldn’t be surprised if musician was the top occupation, at least through the 80s. Every year previously unknown gems are being unearthed and reissued. The vast quantity of records made during the crazy and chaotic era of reggae’s 70’s peak guarantees this will continue for some time. My list is hardly definitive. It shows my obsession for Toots & The Maytals, and my preference for quirky, lesser known albums by Rico, Justin Hinds, Cedric Brooks, Ijahman and all things Lee Perry . But if your only point of reference is Bob Marley (whom I love and is well represented), or you’ve only associated reggae only with annoying hackey sack-tossing college trustifarians, you’ll find some rewarding stuff here.
Attention music fans. Microsoft Store will stop selling music on Dec. 31. Download your tracks and read our FAQ for more info.
Bob Geldof and Paula Yates had three daughters together "“ Peaches Honeyblossom Michelle Charlotte Angel Vanessa (that's her on the right), Little Pixie Frou-Frou and Fifi Trixibelle . They divorced and Paula moved in with Michael Hutchence from INXS. They also had a daughter, Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily .
126. Toyota Vehicle Crowd Sourcing – Piecing together hyper-precise and up-to-date maps using Toyota vehicle’s GPS and camera.
127. In-Vehicle Usage – Monitoring driving habits like speed, sudden acceleration and pushing hard on the brakes for insurance underwriting.
128. GeoFencing – Immobilizing cross border travel with geofencing (virtual barriers) – perfect for car sharing and rental programs. ( To Geofence or not )
129. Self-Driving Vehicles – Sitting back and relaxing while Google’s autonomous car does all the work equipped with LiDAR, GPS, an inertial unit and sophisticated software. ( Google’s Self-Driving Car )
130. GPS Receivers – Nurturing mapping technology as it’s almost standard to have a GPS receiver and a monitor with all the latest maps.
131. Waze Real-Time Driving – Saving time and money on your commute as drivers share real-time traffic information and road alerts with each other with Waze. ( Waze Live Map )
132. Estimated Travel Time – Locking in your destination and getting live updates for estimated travel time.
133. Morgan Freeman’s Voice – Enjoying the calm, soothing voice of Morgan Freeman as he delivers directions from your GPS navigation system. ( Morgan Freeman GPS )
Educators, civic leaders, media personalities, writers and of course, architects are some of the driving forces that push the architectural profession forward. AIA Los Angeles (AIA|LA) recognizes the community efforts needed to help architects of all genres succeed in the public eye. Our 2012 Presidential Board Honorees come from a slew of fields and backgrounds that help to support architectural initiatives in Los Angeles.
- Mastermixers Unity Dance Computer 2
- Various Grand Royal: A Sampler In Paris
- Various - Street Sounds Presents Urban Blak Vol. 1
- The Lemonheads Become The Enemy
- Various Sing Mit Mir
- Various - Anthems Volume 7
- Various Winners Of African Tracks
- Clacson's Oh My Friend / Hey Come Down
- Various - We Came To Dance - Indie Dancefloor Vol. 10
- Various Nu Groove - 25 West 38th - A Compilation
- Royal Dream Andafrika
- Luke Haines - Off My Rocker At The Art School Bop
- MC Mell'O' M.C. Mell'O' Thoughts Released
- Kenny Burrell All Night Long
- Various Deep Heat 90
- Meat Puppets - Alive In The Nineties
- J'J Box J. J. Box I'm The One
- Scooter - Charm
- Cubenx Sand
- Tosca Opera