Julie london with jimmy rowles and his orchestra - swing me an old song
You could call Forest Gate’s Ben Drew a Renaissance man: he’s a versatile guy (as an MC, singer-songwriter, actor and film director), and there’s something of the Shakespearean tragedy about his pitch-black state-of-London film ‘Ill Manors’. This title song acts as the film’s chorus: in just under four minutes of doomy strings, breakbeats and vicious rhyming, Drew drags you round his ends for a whistlestop tour of David Cameron’s ‘Broken Britain’.
Swing Me an Old Song
Julie Andrews: I honestly didn’t think I would. I really thought Anne Bancroft was going to get it that year for The Pumpkin Eater . She was superb in that movie. And Poppins was my first film. I never dreamed I would get it. Actually, when I did get that Oscar I really felt that it was more because I had missed out on My Fair Lady , that Hollywood was (a) saying welcome and (b) saying how sorry they were that I didn’t get it. In the speech that I gave I said, “I always knew Americans were generous but this is absolutely ridiculous,” and I really felt that it was generosity and their saying, “Welcome, welcome.”
· Jimmy Page is one of the most influential guitarists of all time. Page had been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, not once, but twice for his ...
"We spoke to women who had their passports withheld, who slept on a mat on the kitchen floor, were physically and verbally abused by their employers and their employers' children," she told Good Morning Britain .
In the same interview, Page says he traded his Gretsch Chet Atkins guitar for the Les Paul. "The Gibson "Black Beauty" Les Paul Custom. I was one of the first people in England to have one, but I didn't know that then. I just saw it on the wall, had a go with it, and it was good. I traded a Gretsch Chet Atkins I'd had before for the Les Paul. "
"I'm constantly looking round for actors who can convincingly portray working-class men," McGovern told the Radio Times. "They're getting fewer and fewer because it's only the posh ones who can afford to go into acting."
- Various - Stompin' 25 - 22 More Jump Blues Obscurities!
- The Royal Choral Society Royal Choral Society Conducted By Samuel Coleridge-Taylor Coleridge-Taylor Hiawatha's Wedding Feast
- Sarah - Herzelomp Betek An Trec'h
- Jens Buchert - Studiosessions 1992-1999
- Marso & Gala - Promise / Monochrome
- DMX - The Great Depression
- Pat Giraud Jazz Trio - Virjane
- The Jam Messengers - Jam Kick Out
- Psycodaisies - Send No Flowers
- Jodelduett Fryda Bundi - Isidor Röösli Jodlerduett Fryda Bundi - Isidor Röösli Mi Alpegarte
- Sarah - Latcho Drom
- Various - Blake Edward's A Fine Mess
- Budgie - Manchester 1978
- Victor Silvester - Dancing To Victor Silvester 2
- Chœur Des Moines De L'Abbaye Saint-Pierre De Solesmes - Dom Jean Claire - Messes de l'Avent - Premier Et Deuxième Dimanches
- Nora Aunor - Portrait Of... Nora Aunor
- Nancy Sinatra - Cause I'm In Sugar Town
- Steve Winwood - Jim Gordon - Welcome To The Canteen
- Kasutera - よくまわる地球
- Various - Volksmusik Aus Jugoslavien